Thursday, August 28, 2014

BURUNDI AFRICA'S YOUTH CONTRIBUTE TO THE GROWTH OF THE COUNTRY

Burundi’s National Youth Conference attended by Prof. Dr. Kevin Storr

Kevin Storr, PhD, Professor of Physics, traveled to Burundi Africa this summer, 2014, with undefined expectations. He was scheduled to attend the National Youth Conference in Burundi with a delegation.

Prof. Storr shared with us the following comments. "In regard to the conference, I envisioned interacting with the participants, hearing their stories and expectations and how best my presence and presentations would serve the occasion. I listened to different speakers, observed the responses of the attendees, was engaged in the conference as the young people led the way and I found myself inspired." He went on to tell us, "I am enamored with the positivity of the young people...and I believe they will contribute to the definition and growth of their country." He said, "I realized that one has to become a two-way gate...prepared to give...prepared to take in. This all leads to becoming educated, valuable global citizens engaged in the exchange and trade of culture and ideas."

This is the New Burundi!

No comments:

Post a Comment